Skip to content

DIY Guitar: Part 6 – Complete

So as it turns out, I got really lazy with updates for this…

The guitar has been completed for a number of months now, I just never bothered to update my blog and for that I apologise.

It also looks like I neglected to take any meaningful progress shots while wiring up the guitar, but the below is the best I’ve got

IMG_8157
Control Cavity
IMG_8169
Control Cavity Wiring
IMG_8166
Installing Volume and Tone Controls
IMG_8160
Pickup Selector Cavity
IMG_8159
Pickup Cavities
IMG_8153
Test Fitting Strings
IMG_8152
Headstock Rear
IMG_8150
Headstock Front
20160302_182028
Complete Guitar

Overall it was a fun project while it lasted. To be honest I don’t really think i would purchase one of these kits again, at least not for an instrument that I intended to put any serious play time into. The guitar did function, however as expected the lower quality components don’t exactly yield the same quality sound you would expect from a store bought guitar.

Comments are closed.